Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Feel Free to Criticize and Advise

I have often said that a first draft is only a beginning. It is a way to put the story to paper and see where it will take me. It is exhilarating because the thoughts in my head have become words and plots. It is also embarrassing. Many of the phrases and sentences I have written will later be deleted. They are poorly worded, redundant, or sometimes even contradictory to other parts of the book.

In short, while my first draft is helpful to me it's not something I would be willing to show the rest of the world. Until now.

I have posted an excerpt from my NaNo novel on my website. It's very rough. I've read through it again after posting and see the changes which need to be made. But it's a start. And from this seed, insha Allah, a novel will grow.

So feel free.

No comments: