Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Page by Page

I have been working on this one book, Silence, for about a year now. At least five times I have started writing. Twice I finished a complete draft but I wasn't satisfied. Now I'm going back once more.

The early pages and chapters work well. I know where the story breaks down. I simply haven't found the magic tonic yet to bring it all together. I'm working on it.

I've decided to create a new file. I copy and paste a few pages, maybe a full chapter, at a time. I read through that chapter carefully, finding ways to express myself better. I delete some sentences and add more for clarity.

I'm sure it will be a slow process. This time I'm determined to get it right. I know the dangerous curves in the plotline lie ahead of me. I hope I can negotiate them smoothly this time.

No comments: