Monday, December 10, 2007

Reading and Writing

Last weekend I read a book. I was tempted to review it here, but I'm afraid I was in such a hurry to finish the story that I missed much of the symbolism. This is the sort of book I should have read when I was younger and more keenly aware and analytical.

Life of Pi. Is it simply a story of survival? I don't think so. I really would have to read this book again to get the full meaning. Not now, though. Sometime later.

I was surprised at the references to Islam. They were, for the most part, accurate. But no one could call this an Islamic book.

I would have to say that if you're looking for something to read and you're in a deeply analytical mood, you might want to read Book of Pi.

And as for writing? I always write. No new progress to report today, but there will soon be, insha Allah.

No comments: