Monday, December 18, 2006

Pulling the threads together

Every novel is composed of different story threads which, by the end of the book, come to a satisfying end of some sort.

As you know, I write from the top of my head. Sometimes the various story threads are easy and natural for me. Other times I must work at them. In Silence, the story I'm working on right now--the fifth and last book of the Echoes Series--the threads are pulling together in my first draft. That's never happened this easily before.

I guess it's like they always say. Practice makes perfect. Well, not perfect exactly, but definitely better.

I can't wait for you to read these stories so I can talk about them. In two more months Turbulence will be out, insha Allah. And I can't wait to hear what you have to say about it.

No comments: