Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Personal Challenge

I have never written a satisfactory short story. I've dabbled, at least, in every other form of writing--books, poems, articles, plays, even a screenplay and a song when I was in high school. I tried short stories too, back then, but they left much to be desired.

So here I go. Insha Allah, 2007 will be the year of the story for me. I began something today. I also have four other stories begun, but never ended.

I need to do this, just to show myself that I can.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Interesting you speak of short stories. I was cleaning out some files a few nights ago and came across two short stories I had been working on 3 years ago. Maybe we can share with each other and get some ideas of how to bring these not so cooperative pieces to completion.

Jamilah Kolocotronis said...

That would be great. I could use a writing buddy. Email me.