Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I did it!

Tonight I finally reached 50,000 words. I downloaded my count and I'm officially recognized as a winner (though my first download recognized only 49,999 words--talk about frustration!).

This is my second year attempting and completing the NaNoWriMo challenge. I have two great novel ideas and first drafts. I made a feeble attempt, a few months ago, to turn my first NaNo work into a full novel. That character needs a little revamping though. She's strong, but not quite likable yet.

This year's NaNo will be easier, I think, when I go back to revise. First, though, I have to finish writing the story. I probably have another 25,000 words to go.

I have always dreaded autumn. The trees are brown or bare. The skies are too often gray. The air is cold. But all that has changed with NaNoWriMo. Now I can hardly wait until next November!

No comments: