Wednesday, November 07, 2007

NaNo Progress

I have been working on my NaNo novel for a week and I should have somewhere around 12,000 words by now--if I were trying to meet the minimum daily recommendation in order to reach 50,000. But I'm not there yet. I have cracked 8000, and may surpass 9000 before going to bed tonight.

It was the same last year. Worse, actually. I started very slow. My first day's count didn't even pass 1000. But I made it by day 28 or 29. So I'm not worried.

The plot is forming in my mind but I'm too busy to put it all down into words. That's okay too. Sometimes plots come out better when they're given time to simmer.

I haven't posted an excerpt yet because everything I've written so far is really just introduction. Well, I am about 300 words into the meat of the story.

The important thing is to keep on trucking.

No comments: