Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Only 30,034?

I like my main character and, overall, I'm comfortable with my character. But right now 20,000 more words might as well be 20 million. I know I'll make it, insha Allah. I can do it. Just write a little over 2000 words a day and I'm there. And this time next year maybe this novel will be polished enough to submit.

But right now I'm questioning my sanity. Why did I so enthusiastically sign up for NaNoWriMo? must have been crazy.

It's kind of like childbirth. I'm looking at the pain and suffering ahead of me before this novel is finished and I'm swearing I'll never do it again. But in two weeks I'll look at my finished novel with pride and relief. Childbirth is more difficult and the results are more rewarding, but you get the picture.

I think I can. I know I can. I'm over halfway there. . .

No comments: