Thursday, January 25, 2007

Gotta write!

I don't remember which movie it was in, but one of my favorite musical scenes is the one in which Gene Kelly sings, "Gotta Dance." And he does.

I just sent the final copy of Turbulence back to the publisher. It won't be long now. I felt relieved to be finished. When I told my mother, she asked what I will do now. I replied that I'll take a couple days off from writing before getting to work on the next books--Ripples.

I've tried to stop writing at various times, but without much success. I can go for two or three days before my fingers itch for the keyboard. And browsing the internet doesn't cure the itch. Nothing does, not even blogging. I must work on another story.

I'm in good shape now. I have three completed drafts to work on, and the first eight pages of another book. This morning when I woke up I daydreamed about where I can go with that story. It's in my queue.

I should be using my time to write articles or promote my books. But I gotta write. I guess that's my weakness.

No comments: