Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Joshua's journey

When I finished writing Echoes, my writing buddy asked me what comes next. I had taken Joshua to a certain point in her life, and she got me thinking about where his life could go from there.

"What comes next" is answered in my newly published book, Rebounding. I just received my copies today. One of the nicest feelings is to hold your book in your hands for the very first time--not quite as nice as giving birth, but it ranks up there.

At the end of Echoes, Joshua's journey has just begun. His struggles continue in Rebounding where, among other things, he gets caught up in the war on terror.

Joshua's journey extends over five books. I expect the third book to come out early next year.

The path Joshua travels is not so much different than what we experience in our own lives. The details aren't the same, but the themes are. Marriage, children, love, loss, anger, joy. And faith. No matter what, Joshua always lets his faith be his guide.

Joshua is a simple man. That's one thing that has made him so fun to write. He is a Muslim Everyman. Struggling each day to keep up his prayers and take care of his family.

I'm currently working on the fourth book. When I finish the Echoes Series, I think I will be sad to leave Joshua behind.

No comments: