Monday, April 09, 2007

Meeting My Readers

I had a great weekend. Our family drove down to Chicago for the ISNA Education Conference, which is an annual event for our education-oriented family.

While my husband attended lectures and workshops, our children relaxed in the hotel room--indulging in cable TV (which we don't have at home) and fairly nutritious but fun to eat food. And I sat at a table, my books stacked neatly in front of me, meeting and greeting my readers.

It was wonderful. Some were fans of Echoes and Rebounding who anxiously grabbed their copies of Turbulence. Others had never heard of the Echoes Series. I introduced them to Joshua and his family. Most bought Echoes. Some walked away with Rebounding and Turbulence too.

When I write, I sit at my laptop on my corner of the couch--or sometimes my desk--and conjure up stories which I hope my readers will relate to and enjoy. I love actually meeting my readers, especially when they tell me they have enjoyed my stories.

Now I'm waiting to hear from those who began reading the Echoes Series, those who didn't know Joshua Adams until this weekend.

What do you think?

No comments: