Thursday, April 26, 2007

Relief

I started writing again this week. It began with a simple poem. Today I opened my file for Ripples, my next book, and went to work.

I was reluctant. There are boxes to pack and messes to clean. And the paperwork. I hadn't realized what all was involved in buying a house. On top of that, my sister-in-law is coming to visit next month. I don't think she wants to spend her days staring at me as I space out in front of the computer.

But I couldn't resist. My son suggested I should work on the fifth book, which is no more than a single rough draft. That would involve serious writing though, and days when I lost touch reality. I'm not ready for a project that deep right now.

My work on Ripples is only to revise. That's simpler. And I'm still writing.

It feels so good to be back.

No comments: