Monday, July 16, 2007

So many books to read. . .

. . .and so little time.

My copy of A Thousand Splendid Suns arrived on Saturday. I can't wait to read it. But I have other books already in my queue.

On Saturday evening I finished an amazing book about new cures for cancer which do not include chemotherapy. I thought I would pick up A Thousand Splendid Suns then. I had another book which needs to go back to the library soon, though, and I hadn't touched it yet. A few pages wouldn't hurt, I thought.

I'm nearing page 100 of this 500-page book. I want to peek ahead and find the ending, but the author didn't make it that easy for me. I have to keep going.

I have four other library books to read. I got one, though it's a novel, mostly for reference--the author is from, and writes about, a city I'm including in a future book. Another is a collection of short stories. That still leaves two very interesting looking novels.

For now, A Thousand Splendid Suns sits on a table in my bedroom. I want to read it. I can't wait to read it. But what about the other books?

Maybe I should set aside a week just for reading.

No comments: