Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Spinning a Tale

For more than three weeks I have worked on Silence, the final book in the Echoes Series. Earlier attempts descended into a maudlin mess. This time I think I've found the formula.

But I still don't know where the story is going. It has twisted several times until I don't recognize it anymore. Just like a reader, I'm anxious to find out how the story ends.

There's Muhammad. I mean, he could. . .or he may just. . .Then there's Joshua. There's never any telling what he may do. I've thrown in a couple wild cards to keep things more interesting. And after I've finished with the rough draft I plan to weave in one or two more minor storylines.

I won't let you know how it ends, when I do finally reach that point. You'll have to learn that on your own.

No comments: