Monday, August 20, 2007

This writer is. . .

. . .restless.

I've had a busy summer in terms of writing. During the month of June I attempted a stage play. It didn't turn out as well as I'd like, but I might still be able to go back and salvage it one day.

After the stage play, I wrote Silence. the final book of the Echoes Series. This one took me six weeks. Rebounding, the second book in the series, took me only two weeks--the first draft, that is. Silence kept me going, wondering exactly where and how it would end. Overall I'm satisfied with the ending. It will need some tweaking, but it's a very good start.

Now I've started my first novel in years which is not part of the Echoes Series. I have a new cast of characters, a new setting, everything. Off Balance features Nina Weston, a very determined woman. I first wrote this story last November as part of the NaNoWriMo challenge. Last weekend I read through it. Now I'm starting fresh, including more back story, and giving Nina a sassier tone. She may be almost as much fun to work with as Joshua has been all these years.

I've been told I should be writing articles, or at least short stories, to get my name out there. That's good advice, but I just can't stop writing these novels.

Hmm. By the time I'm finished with Off Balance--first draft, that is--I'll need to start thinking about NaNoWriMo again. I wonder who and what I'll write about this year.

No comments: