Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A Different Voice

The Echoes Series is coming along well. The first three books--Echoes, Rebounding, and Turbulence--have been published. The fourth book, Ripples, is finished and nearly ready to go through the final process. Silence, the final book, has been written though it still needs work.

I'm ready for something else. Last November I wrote a novel for the NaNoWriMo challenge. A few weeks ago I opened the file and took it out of storage. I read it all the way through--congratulating myself on some parts and cringing at others.

Off Balance, my newest novel, is still in the very early stages. I've begun writing the beginning--after realizing that my NaNo novel was really just the middle of the story. I know where I want to go but it will take me a long time to get there.

When I ran the plot by my son, after he heard me read the first few pages in a critique group, he said it didn't sound anything like me. But it's nice to try something different sometimes, isn't it?

No comments: