Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Very Friendly Distraction

I have three writing tasks on my to-do list, along with various other chores and pastimes. But I didn't do any writing today.

It started when my 12 year old woke up coughing, wiping his stuffy nose. He didn't fast today and he didn't go to school. We spent the day together.

Out of all my sons, my youngest is the most compassionate. I hope that won't change after he hits puberty. Sometimes I was tempted to follow my usual daily routine, but he kept me connected most of the day. And that was a good thing.

He has a great idea for a new story he's writing. He's reading an interesting novel, too, but he can't read it at night because it's too scary. Right now he's lying on the floor near me, waiting for me to finish my blogs so we can talk some more.

I didn't do a single bit of writing today. I had someone important to share my day.

No comments: