Monday, September 10, 2007

Time to Read

On Saturday I finished the Ripples manuscript--the fourth book in the Echoes Series. Now all I have to do is wait for the editor to give her feedback.

I can't begin another book project right away. I need to take a few days to relax. I have two projects in mind, but I can do only one at a time and it will have to wait until the end of the week.

Now I get to indulge in first favorite literary activity: reading. As it turned out, I picked up a virus somewhere and spent the last two days not doing much of anything. A perfect time to tackle my newest library books.

I won't discuss any of the books here. They all fit in the genre of chick lit, though one has a more serious subject--presented in an offhand manner--and another is very serious. I don't think they'll expand my universe too far, but they're enjoyable. Great for these days when I need to relax and get past this virus.

I've read two books within the last week. I have one more to go, and I started that this afternoon. By the time I finish this last book, I think I'll be ready to get serious about writing again.

One-fourth of American adults haven't finished a single book in the last year. Amazing. I know people have busy schedules, but reading is great activity--and free if you go to the library. (Though, as an author, I do recommend that you buy at least a few books for your shelves. Preferably mine, of course.)

Not read? Impossible.

No comments: