Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I'm pressed to express

Do you know the feeling you get when you finish reading an enjoyable book? If the book is well-written, the ending will be quite satisfying. But you have devoted hours, and probably days, to the story, and you feel sorry to see it end.

That's how I feel about my own work as well. Today I finished reading through Turbulence. Then I spent the rest of the day in limbo--not ready to commit yet to another story.

This blog was much longer, and probably more eloquent, but I accidentally deleted a couple of paragraphs. Deleting my work is worse than finishing it, of course. I have a few moments when I don't want to write at all--I don't trust my finger, the keypad, the computer.

Reading and writing are about so much more than words. They are reflections of life.

No comments: