Thursday, October 05, 2006

Mechanics

I didn't write anything today. I'm working on formatting my manuscript. Not very much fun, but it needs to be done.

Writing is full of mechanical tasks. Check spelling. Check grammar. Check formatting. All those little tedious details which bore those of us who are creative. But a good manuscript, a professional product, demands attention to those little nit-picking details.

Fortunately, the bulk of my writing time is taken up with creating rather than simply reviewing. That's what I love about writing.

By the way, I've signed up for the National Novel Writing Month activity--
www. nanowrimo.org. I already have enough to do, but I think it will be fun. It is certainly a challenge.

And it is possible to write the rough draft for a novel in a month. I wrote Rebounding in two weeks.

You might want to check it out.

No comments: