Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Afraid to write (well, kind of, in a manner of speaking)

As I've said, I'm working on revisions for Ripples, the fourth book in the Echoes Series. (I'm waiting for the word on Turbulence. Very, very soon.)

But I have a problem. I'm at the point of revising a major scene. Much emotion. It has to be done just right.

So what am I doing these days? I'm shopping. I'm surfing the internet. I'm watching TV. I'm interacting with my family.

And every day I open my Ripples file. I look at the first few sentences of that scene. I minimize and run off to my next activity. Because I know once I get started on that scene, it will require all of me.

I won't be able to dabble with it. I can't change a few lines before picking up my purse or polish a sentence during the commercial break. It's not that kind of scene.

I'm stuck in limbo. I want to work on my book, but I know I have to deal with that scene. Right now I simply don't have the time or concentration it needs. I won't be able to do it justice. I simply open the file and think about else I need to be doing.

I can't wait until my life becomes a little quieter so I can jump back into Ripples and run with it. Soon, I hope.

I'm not really writing these days (I've said that a lot lately, haven't I?). But I am enjoying myself. And when I do get back to it, I will be so ready no one will be able to stop me.

I hope.

No comments: