Thursday, February 08, 2007

Not in the mood

I haven't kept up with my blogs this week. And I don't have a good reason for that. My health is greatly improved. I have plenty of time. It's only that I haven't felt much like writing this week.

Which is okay, once in a while. If I make a habit of it, I will be in serious trouble. But sometimes writers need breaks from the written word.

I have made some progress on my newest novel, even writing in important revisions. But I've covered only a handful of pages. Still, it is progress.

And that's what's really important. Moving ahead, sometimes plodding, occasionally pausing for a break--but never giving up.

It's been said that many have books they could write. But the writers are those of us who stick with it. Sometimes racing to the climax. Sometimes making unimpressive gains. Always writing.

Or at least thinking about it.

1 comment:

Jamilah Kolocotronis said...

Thanks. I'll try that out.