Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Continuing the series

While I wait for my copies of Turbulence to arrive, I'm working on the rest of the series.

Ripples is coming along slowly. Today I didn't write at all. I attended a history conference instead. But the characters are slowly coming together, becoming stronger, and the writing is getting more concise.

During the conference today, I tried listening to a speaker whose lecture I had anticipated. Unfortunately, his voice was so soft I could hear almost nothing he said. Fortunately, he did provide a handout. So I read through the handout and packed it up for future reference.

Then I pulled out my writing notebook and developed an approach I've been considering for Silence, the last book in the series. I managed to write more than a page, and I think it will work. I need to do more research.

When I submitted my first book, Innocent People, to various publishers (ultimately I decided I couldn't wait and self--published) I wondered what I would do during the months it would take for the publishers to get back to me. I decided to immediately start another book, which became Echoes. I need to stay busy. It helps.

I don't write every day, but I can't really stop either.

What about you?

No comments: